THAT-RugaFeatured By OwnerDec 15, 2012Hobbyist General Artist
Do you know what theme tumblrs are? There are a trillion fan run tumblrs dedicated to Homestuck, Adventure Time, Doctor Who, Sonic the Hedgehog, Wreck-it-Ralph, etc etc out there. People make "ask" tumblrs for their fan characters and their offshoots all the time!! I suppose a good question for you would be,
1. If your problem is with what she posts on tumblr, then there is no need to nitpick over it on a dA journal dedicated to thanking everyone for birthday well-wishes and gifts. This is not the appropriate forum for that, therefore making your comment irrelevant. 2. What she wants to draw is what she wants to draw. It is her talent and not something meant to appease solely you. You can draw what you want and she can draw what she wants. 3. As someone who follows her, you must be aware that she will be exceptionally busy for quite a while working on a film. With that consuming work coming up, now is the perfect time to do that sort of enjoyable art. 4. Of course, I've seen her tumblr. She's one of my dearest friends, so, yes, I am well-aware of what she draws. 5. There is no reason to sling names. 6. If you are going to use the term, "dingbat," please be aware of if the person you are attempting to call such would, in all actuality, be classified as such. 7. If you try calling someone a slang term that marks a foolish individual, please use proper punctuation. Your sentence should, by proper standards, read, "Have you seen her tumblr, you dingbat?"
1. why would I have a problem with what she posts on tumblr?!
2. nobody ever contested this point!
4. good for you!
5. i love slinging names! i've got lots of vulgar ones in my pocket too
6. dingbat is a ridiculous word! what's the point of trying to apply logic to who it gets used on?? dingus!
7. the fuck am I going to use proper punctuation on a DA comment, I haven'''t got that kinda time! Here's a specially punctuated sentence, just for you: "daddy, 'wou'ld y"ou l:ike s,om;e S,a,u,a,g,e,s (Daddy w.....oould you like - some - sAUSAGES???!?"
8. why are you trying to extract a massive debate out of an offhand comment about how much someone gets a kick out of drawing a chartacter???
I would address several of these points except for the fact that, if you haven't understood them yet, any further extrapolation would most certainly be wasted.
However, the fact of the matter is that I've seen enough people go off on others about how they draw too much or too little of this, that, or the other thing based on what they, as the viewer, want. Really, it's ridiculous. If you're marking that as a legitimate complaint, this isn't the forum to do that, and, honestly, that's childish. If you're trying your hand at satire, be wary of actually egging on those who behave in such a manner.
it's not a legitimate complaint and it couldn't possible be satire! now stop writing pretentious comments, you're wasting my time, your own time, the teacher's time, the school's time, and you've disappointed your grandma and baby jesus. off to bed!